Friday, January 22, 2021

LSRs don't die....

....they just fade away. Maybe. Possibly. Depending on the news cycle.

Our national nightmare is over. We've come to the end of an error. I've written 211 posts over the last four years! I've covered lies, crimes, lies, corruption, lies, outrageous behaviors, and lies. I covered neurological symptoms. I covered the Mueller investigation, two impeachments, and one insurrection. I've felt despair and and I've felt hope. Much hope. 

And here we are! We resisted. We persisted. Our Democratic Republic is intact.

I know that our fight isn't over, but with the end of this Error, we can all feel like it's a job well done as we look toward the future. 

I've thought a lot about continuing Little Sister Resister, and at this point I don't think I will, at least in a regular way. There are a few reasons. First, this platform was a way for me to simply cope with the outrageous situation we found ourselves in. Secondly, I wanted to document this moment in history. Someday my grandkids will be able to look back on this era and see what I saw. In winding down this blog, I will be very much enjoying not thinking about the workings of the government... Every. Single. Day. 

I'm lucky to have representation that reflects my views, from the local level, up to the state of California, to my Representative in the U.S. House of Representatives, to both of my U.S. Senators, to the President of the United States of America. I trust them all to do what I want. Now that the Dems have control of the House and the Senate, we're in a good spot. What a relief to just let them all do their jobs and trust they are doing it right. 

The last reason for pausing LSR is that I want to work on my other project, which documents another fight against fascism. Jack's Cache is another blog, in which I am scanning and transcribing my father's letters home as he fought the Nazis during WWII. I've got a good start on it, but there are hundreds of letters to go. 

BUT that is not to say I'll be less participatory. There is a lot of work to be done, and I shall be helping. My focus will remain on voting rights. Stacey Abrams with her Fair Fight has been such an inspiration. I want to help Black people speak their truth through voting. I also care deeply about our justice system and want to work toward making it fair. Black lives matter!

All that being said, never say never. There is still much ahead that will define the era of the 45th presidential administration. There is a second impeachment trial to cover, not to mention criminal prosecutions. LSR will be bringing it all here! 

I hope that during the last four years I've not only informed, but inspired. If just one person marched, wrote their U.S. Representative, voted, or made that donation, then all my hours at the keyboard were worth it. 

I want to offer great thanks to all of my supporters, particularly these people. My big sister resister, Pagrs, who sent me lots to read and who fed me a constant stream of nicknames for *****. Ever notice that unless it was in a quote, I never used his name? Also sister resister Karenone who proofed just about every single one of these posts. She was invaluable. Thanks to June, who kept me in resister mugs. Also big thanks to sisters resisters BobBIE! and Anne, who I could count on to send me articles and funnies, read my posts, and be outraged with me. Thanks to all of my readers for sharing this journey through the upside down. 




Mug by June Gonzalez at Rising Sun Earthworks







What a relief it was to wake up on Thursday, January 21 with my first thought being "Yay! Joe Biden is President!"






No comments:

Post a Comment